We connect individual donors, foundations, investors, and sustainable sourcing partners to our project implementers. We bring together those who can help contribute to the start-up financing of this solution, and also those who can support the design process and start-up of each hub & supporting reforestation effort, and the development of the conversion of surrounding agriculture to multi-strata agroforestry systems so that they are eco-socially appropriate to each project’s geography and cultural context.
As our partners’ projects come online, we also help connect them to ethical companies all around the world that seek to form closer relationships with mission-aligned producers who can help them provide their consumers with greater transparency on the positive impacts they are supporting through their ingredient purchasing and regenerative supply ecosystem investments.
We help to grow the capacity of the corporations that buy from our project partners so they are better partners who help us co-create more eco-socially regenerative supply ecosystems that are more in-line with the growing consumer demand to know their buying power contributes to fair trade, climate justice and racial and gender equity.
To gain access to this model, partners must agree to abide by a strict licensing agreement that Masarang requires for sharing their patented Regeneration Hub micro-factory design.
Eco-Social Benefits of Hubs:
- empower women and indigenous communities and provide multiple co-benefits determined by the co-ops who manage them
- increase carbon sequestration through adoption of an eco-agriculture agroforestry based farming system
- protect biodiversity and provide funding for locally led reforestation efforts
- create carbon negative biofuel production systems to help alleviate rural poverty and leap frog growing economies to a clean energy future
- localize the value-adding processing of farm products – keeping more of the money in the hands of local women – financing their ability to adapt to climate change
Our approach combines innovations with approaches that combine aspects of the most powerful and highest ranked climate stabilization solutions (as ranked by Project Drawdown).
When combined these actions, provide projects with tremendous potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by:
- Educating, resourcing & empowering women & girls by reducing land degradation, and by empowering women to design their family size and quality of life, and that also proactively draw down excess carbon out of the atmosphere, safely sequestering it into healthy living soils -since women farmers produce most of the world’s food – they can be converting excess carbon into better food and nutrition security, economically decreasing the intense pressures that contribute to forest loss from land conversion, while stabilizing vulnerable communities, and restoring other valuable ecosystem services.
- Supporting indigenous rights, land title & resource management
- Generating biochar & traditional terra preta,
- Increasing adoption of compost and conservation agriculture practices including using no-till, cover crops, and efficient soil fertility management systems
- Converting to perennial living bio-fuels for our best localized clean fuel/energy alternative
- Reducing & avoiding tropical deforestation and land conversion
- Financing reforestation & accelerated natural regeneration
- Adopting new techniques and microbial, fungal & compost innovations that help rapidly re-colonize degraded soils with living biota to recreate living soils that enhance regeneration of natural & agro-ecosystems.
- Transitioning conventional production over to carbon farming. Prioritizing and incentivizing the use of carbon farming practices, like agroforestry, agro-ecology, and organic regenerative farming systems through growing demand for products grown in more sustainable enterprises that finance regenerative community development & ecosystem restoration.
- Reduction of food waste by financing adoption and wide-spread dissemination of low tech refrigeration innovations & value added local food processing systems like the zero-waste, zero emissions micro-factories -now in operation in 3 locations in Indonesia